December 2019 Monthly Meeting
Date: December 6, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM
417 9th St
Port Orford, OR 97465
AGENDA – CURRY COUNTY DEMOCRATS (CCD) GENERAL MEETING
2PM FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2019, St Christopher Hall, 9th Street, Port Orford
2pm-215ish: Potluck and socializing. Bring Holiday treats to share, nibble, and sip, and stay for the General Meeting! We are a Green Meeting, so will have plenty of cutlery and so forth, or you can bring your own to use.
215pm-ish LauRose Felicity. Opening of General Meeting: Approval/corrections of Minutes and Approval of Agenda
Chair’s Opening Remarks LauRose Felicity.
Standing Committees (per Bylaws)
- Budget and Fundraising 2. Rules & Bylaws 3. Platform & Resolutions 4. Local Events and County Fair
- Campaign and Precinct Organization
Office Manager Report
Ad hoc committee reports
- PCP/membership 2. PCP Training 3. Strategy Meetings 4. Communications
- Azalea Park Festival of Lights (Linda B, chair)
- Highway cleanup committee (needs chair; to be done after rains abate, or sooner?)
- SCC (Les, LauRose, Calla) 2. CD4 (Vicki B, Bill Dooley)
- DPO Rural Caucus 4. DPO Environmental Caucus 5. DPO Stonewall Caucus
Issues & Activism (Reports, Discussion, Planned Actions)
- PCPs/Campaigns – How is your canvassing going? Individuals speak up
- Stories From Our Precincts: (Moderated by Chair) Share a POSITIVE experience that stands out for you.
- Debate-Town Hall watching parties: Calla: NEXT DEBATE WATCH PARTY: DECEMBER 19th. 5-8: pm Democrats Office, Brookings.
Allies & Interested Community Agencies / Activities: Indivisible North Curry County, RESIST Gold Beach, Coastal SOCAN, Indivisible97415, Curry County Commissioner Watch, League of Women Voters, Progressive Brunch Brookings, City Councils Watch -Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford, SWOCC, League of Women Voters
Events Reports & Discussions
- MEET THE SECRETARY OF STATE CANDIDATES. MONDAY, DECEMBER 9th– GOLD BEACH -Curry County Library 6pm.
- DECEMBER DEBATE WATCH PARTY: DECEMBER 19th. 5-8pm Democrats Office, Brookings. Pizza night!
- PLANNING FOR 2020 WOMEN’S MARCH (3 cities; carpool from Port Orford to Brookings, stop to march in Gold Beach?) Organizers needed ASAP. MARCH DATE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2020
- LWV Special Districts Workshop January 23rd. Details to follow.
- STICKIE BUN OPEN HOUSE! December 21. 11am-8pm. Come & stay or drop in and out again. 217 Marine Drive, Brookings. Parking is better with carpooling from the church parking lot on the corner of Old County Road.
Announcements & Other Business
- Calendar of Meetings / Meeting Announcement: NEXT GENERAL MEETING in BROOKINGS begins with potluck on January 6th starting at 2pm at the Democrats Office in Brookings.These are public meetings; all are
- NEXT Executive Committee Meeting is December 28th at 2pm at 619 Chetco Ave, Brookings. This is a financial reports meeting. PCPs are welcome to attend and observe, discuss the next meeting’s agenda, & offer input on all matters. Democrats are welcome, but Executive Committee meetings are closed to members of the general
- STRATEGY MEETINGS WITH THE CHAIR: Every Wednesday afternoon starting at 3pm in the Democrats Office in Brookings.
- Indivisible North Curry County – Weekly Friday RESIST demonstration time:11-noon at the curve on Highway 101. Bring signs.